OpenFPE 1-20kWe turn-key Smart Engines and tools for academic research and low temperature combustion development activities.
- Evaluation systems include 1kWe and 20kWe two-stroke gasoline spark ignition combustion chamber designs with uni-flow scavenging
- Re-configurable for other fuels and combustion methods (including diesel or natural gas fuelling and compression ignition) made possible by a ‘swap-out’ cylinder and free piston design
- Compact, fully balanced designs do not require conventional test cell dynamometer installation or complex lab infrastructure. Our smaller 1kWe system enables ‘bench-top’ combustion experimental set-up
- Libertine’s Free Piston Engine Control Unit provides a wide range of combustion control functionality and facilitates low temperature combustion research using software-configured real-time piston motion control
- Advanced analytics, diagnostics and simulation suite accelerates model validation, and drives experimental insight and research productivity
Complete the form below to find out more.